1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before?
Moved out on my own.
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't make resolutions, but some of my life goals were completed this year and that makes me happy. :)
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
ha! I love zeromuchjenn's answer; sex. That and a RTW airline ticket in my posession.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 23, 2006. Nathan's murder.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I got a new job I like and moved out on my own!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Letting my emotions drag me down.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
No *knocks on wood*
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A ticket to Chicago.
14. Where did most of your money go?
My loan payments & savings account.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
"Suddnely I See" - KT Tunstall
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
Happier or sadder - Happier.
Older or wiser - Both.
Thinner or fatter? - A little thinner.
Richer or poorer? - A little richer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Met new people/Done new things.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Let frustration get me down.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Flying home to be with the family for 3 days.
22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
No *sigh* stupid blind boys...
24. What was your favorite TV program?
hmmm I dunno, nothing made me majorly obsessed this year, unless you count DVD viewings of Alias. Though I have a feeling when I get the chance to watch Heros that might be it.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I tend to not waste my time on hating people.
26. What was the best book you read?
I think Life of Pi probably
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
E.S. Posthumus though, in perfect honesty I can't remember if I found them last year or this year...
28. What did you want and get?
Some self confidence & a job I like.
29. What did you want and not get?
My loan/debt to be consolidated.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
IMO This past year was terrible for a lot of films. But I was finally pleased with "The Departed" and have yet to see some others that look good and/or entertaining.
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had drinks and dinner with friends. I turned 23.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I don't know.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Flirty & Girly. I bought skirts and actually wore them for the first time in about 3 years.
34. What kept you sane?
My savings account going up.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
The usuals (someday I'll make a list) as for someone new... Well Leonardo DiCaprio made it back on the list but I think I gushed about Bradley Cooper (Alias) quite a bit too.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Global warming caught my attention like it never has in the past.
37. Who did you miss?
a guy I used to know
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Justin at my new job has a paticular nack for making just about anyone laugh.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
Don't waste the precious little time we have! (As cliche as that may sound)
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"life may sometimes be sad but it's always beautiful"